Monday, April 2, 2007

Jerry Lewis vs. Poppa

This could get bad. So, apparently poppa didn't make this up all on his own. Neither did "Uncle Roy" for that matter. After 25 years of assuming this little word trickery was thunk up in the feisty grey matter of my ancestors, I discover - on Wikipedia no less - that it was actually just Jerry Flippin Lewis. Worse yet, the Boy Scouts of American use it on camping trips.

I can sense a temper tantrum* coming from beyond the grave. Oh well, we all get a look at the Wiz eventually. Not my fault!

*While I'm at it, I might as well exorcise all our dirty little secrets... Poppa looked remarkably like Saddam Hussein when they pulled him out of that hole. There, I said it.

1 comment:

lizzard said...

OMG he DID! Or rather, if holed-up-Hussein had a love child with the present-day Sean Connery... that would be poppa, spot ON. He really worked that grizzly, ol' sonofagun look in his later years, tho...